Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Well, I made it through my first week with the children all day everyday! ALthough I am having fun with them, I do not think that I would want to be a stay at home mom all the time.  We have had a lot of fun, but my goodness, they make me tired.  I am more tired now than I am when I go to work and run after and teach 20 3-5 year olds.  It was nice to spend some one-on-one time with Logan.  When Kaitlyn was sleeping Logan and I got to do somethings just him and I.  We went swimming, played with his new webkins, ti-dye shirts, which turned out awesome!!!  It was nice to spend that time with him and I think he really like spending time with me too!!!  I look forward to our last week together, but I am going to need a lot more sleep.   
A little update on the story of the school district shortening the school days.  Peoria District 150 school has voted on shortening ONLY 15 Wednesdays for the school year.  This is a great victory for the parents.  We went from the district shortening everyday by 90 minutes, to only 15 Wednesday for the year.  Keep in mind that 6 of those 15 days were already in the calendar, so they are only adding 9 more days instead of the countless amount of days from the original plan.  THis just shows that the school board tried to slid something under the parents and that the parents are NOT going to let the school board take away our children's education.  This also shows that things can be changed even when you think they cannot.  It was the drive and determination of the parents that changed the boards vote on this situation.  GO DISTRICT 150 PARENTS!!!

No comments: