Saturday, October 18, 2008

FALL




















I think my favorite time of the year is fall.  The cool crisp air the changing colors of the trees.  Everything about fall, it great.  This morning, as I lie in bed at 6:30 I thought to myself, "I should get up and go for a walk".   I have not been walking religiously for a while now, and what better time to go when everyone is sleeping and I have an hour to myself.  By the time I got up and got ready it was about 7:15 and 37 degrees out.  I headed out without my MP3 player and went for a nice walk.  I noticed all the trees changing, the birds signing, our adopted chipmunk gathering his nuts for the winter, and a deer sitting across the road from our house!!  This is great!! As I walked my normal 2 1/2 mile walk I thought about fun things- no work.  It was nice to take this time for myself and realize how the simple times are so much more valuable then the planned hurry hurry activities.  
As I turned the corner to our house I saw all the leaves laying on the ground and right then I new that my relaxing thoughts were gone.  I started thinking about ALL the leaves we are going to have to rake, all the bags of leaves we are going to have to haul out on Tuesday garbage day, all the blisters on my hands from the raking.  And because of those thoughts, I have to go back on something I said at the beginning of this blog entry- "Everything about fall is great"!  I can no longer say that, because what is so great about hours of raking leaves?  I will let you know how many blisters I get from this round of raking.


No comments: