Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Potty Training

So Tuesday night after Kaitlyn's bath, she found some Dora big girl underwear. Of course I knew I was in trouble right when she said DORA and pointed to the underwear and then started taking her pants off. After trying to fight her about putting Dora on, I gave in and put on the underwear, but that was not good enough. She had to have 2 pairs of Dora underwear on. As we were putting on both pairs, I told her that Dora needs to stay dry, and if she has to go potty, she needs to go in the big girl potty. We went down and played for a little bit and then she said "go potty", so we ran upstairs in hopes this would be the time she actually goes potty in the potty. Kaitlyn pulled down her Dora underwear and sat on the potty for about 30 seconds, "all done!" she gets up and pulls her pants up. Then right when she get them up, she says "go potty mommy" so she pulls down her pants and sits on the potty for another couple of seconds. She stands up, pulls up her pants and then does the whole thing over again. We sat up in the bathroom for close to 25 minutes pulling down her pants, sitting on the potty and then pulling up her pants. I think I counted 10 times that she did this. What makes for a depressing story, is that not one of those times she sat on the potty, did she go potty. We sand songs, tickled each other, I even tried the squirting water down there, but that just made her scream. She has the interest, but not the knowing of what to do. We would really appreciate her being in underwear, it would be great on the checkbook!!

No comments: