Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Off to work

Well another school year has started for me.  I started teaching Pre-K again this year.  Today was the first day with the little kiddies, and it went really good.  I have two different classes and both are completely different, which keeps me on my toes.  I did not think I would feel this way, but I am really glad to be back in the classroom.  It has been a long time (1 month) since I have had the chance to play,I mean work with the children.  Rob always makes fun of me, because I will come home and say that I had such a busy day, and he will just laugh and "say how hard could it be to "play" with children all day."  Of course the one day that he came to visit me in my classroom he "caught" me sitting on the floor chatting with a child.  He says that my work looks really hard, and he has no sympathy for me since I get to sit and play with children all day.  I wish that is all I could do.  If you are a teacher, you know that we are over worked and under payed.  There is way more to what we do than what people see when they come into the room.  I don't want you to think that Rob is a cold hearted person when it come to my work.  He is really understanding when it come to helping me with getting things done for the room, or just listening to me complain about my day.  

You know, as I sit here typing this, I just think how blessed I am to have a wonderful family.  I know I complain about the kids, but for the most part they are wonderful and I am blessed to have both of them.  They are the light of my life and I thank God for them everyday.  Of course I do not want to forget about Rob.  You know, we have been married for 8 years but have been together for 12.  We have been through so much and have come A LONG way since our days at Pizza Hut.  We both are very proud of what we have  and what we have become, since we have worked so hard to get where we are.  I am going to leave with one last thought for the night:
Having somewhere to go is a home.  Having someone to love is a family.  Having both is a blessing!!

No comments: