Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Too many hours

Last night my husband called me a name that I am not proud of and frankly it upsets me for it may be true- at least in the past couple of weeks.  You are probably asking yourself "what could he have called her"  And no, it is not the one he jokingly uses often (B**ch).  
 We just put the kids to bed and I came down stairs, grabbed my school bag and pulled out lesson plans from work.  As I sat down by the table, the phrase that I was not particularly happy to hear "Your a workaholic" came out of his mouth as he shakes his head.  I sat there and thought about it, and remembered how often I would be mad at my dad because he works so many hours in a day.  Are my kids thinking the same as I did as a child, or is my husband thinking "when is enough going to be enough"  I do admit that in the past couple of weeks I have put in way more hours than I should have.  Last week I worked 50 hours at work and then came home and did work at home.  The beginning of the school year is HELL.  
We have noticed that Kaitlyn has been so clingly to me lately, and I realize it is because I am never home, or when I am I am always working.  Tonight is the first night that I have not done work at home.  I left my bag in the car so I would not see it and think about all the things I have to do.  I really had a nice relaxing night, except for the dreaded supper time where Logan complain about what we are eating and Kaitlyn throws the food she does not like-pretty much everything.  Rob and I are starting to think that maybe we should feed them popcorn and Yo-Gos for supper, so we can eat in peace.  
Anyway, I want to thank Rob for bringing my work to my attention and to help me realize again that I have other things in life more important than work.  
Tomorrow is another day, and I will just keep plugging away, just not at home (hopefully).

No comments: