Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Counting down the days

As of Wednesday, I have 5 more days of work!!!  No, I did not quit my job.  As a teacher, I am off for the rest of the summer.  My Pre-K program that I taught this year is a state funded program, and since we had to wait for the grant funds last fall, it started in December and being a state funded program, has to run 180 days, so I will be done on July 30!!! this coming year I will run a regular school year (next year I will have the whole summer off!!!),  I will start back up on August 18, so really, I only have 2 weeks off, but they  are much needed.  I don't know what the kids and I will be doing, but whatever it will be, we will have fun.  I know Logan wants to go swimming, so we will have to go and do that.  
This year at school has been a test to my abilities.  It is so different from small town Iowa.  The kids here are from all types of families, with little or no parent involvement.  This presents a problem when we need the children to do something and they are not use to having rules and consequences.  I sure have learn a lot this year, and will definitely bring what I learned to next years class.  Speaking of next year, I will be moving to a different center that houses the state Pre school program.  I am excited to go to this center, since this is where I worked for a few months last fall and loved the people and the children and of course, my good friend works there!!!  It will be lots of fun!!
I hope everyone is having a great summer!!!

No comments: